We’ve assembled the best US online casinos available in your region, offering the biggest bonuses. Sign up today with Silver Oak Casino to claim up to $4000 in welcome bonuses!
There’s a lot of online casinos in the US. Far too many to find them all and individually decide which are worth your attention and which aren’t. You want to ensure that you’re playing at a casino which is safe, legal, and appreciative of their players.
That’s where our list of the best US online casinos comes in. We’ve done the hard work to collect together the top casinos offering the biggest sign up bonuses and the best games, so you don’t have to. Choose from our recommended list of the best online casinos in the USA, claim your bonus, and enjoy some top of the line casino action today!
Top US Online Casinos 2019
Online Casinos USA – Real Money Play!
One of the most exciting things about playing online casino games is the knowledge that you can actually win real money from it. The possibility of winning that elusive life-changing jackpot is a tantalizing carrot for anyone, which is why millions of people play at real money online casinos in the USA every year.
Our list of the best online casinos in the USA above all offer the chance to win real money. Whether you like to play Blackjack, Roulette, Video Poker, or one of the 1000s of Slots games available, real money winnings are available if you’re lucky enough!
Most online casinos in the USA offering real money games will also provide free games for you to play as well. These are a great way to try out a new game that you’re uncertain of, or want to learn the rules of. They are also useful for practicing new strategies that you may have learnt, without taking any risks. But once you are comfortable with a game, and playing at online casinos in the USA, real money is the way to go!
US Online Casino Bonuses
Anyone signing up to online casinos in the US should definitely make sure to get the best signup bonus they possibly can. US online casinos, and indeed online gambling sites all around the world, are locked in a constant battle with their competitors for the loyalty of new players. That is why they try to win you over with enticingly generous welcome bonuses.
In typical American style, US online casino bonuses are much bigger and therefore better than they are in a lot of other countries worldwide. You will also find that there are multiple kinds of bonus offers available at online casinos in the US, even after signing up. Reload bonuses are a popular way for casinos to boost their player retention, or tempt back players who haven’t played in a while.
Bottom line: bonuses should be high in your decision-making process when searching through our selection of US online casinos. Our list above displays some of the best US online casino bonuses you will find, and in most cases these are noticeably higher than those you’d get by going directly to the casino. You can find out more by heading to our dedicated online casino bonus page.
US Online Casinos With No Deposit Bonus
The biggest US online casino bonuses, like those listed above, are issued after you make your first deposit. As this is a clear sign that you intend to stay and play for some time, the casino has a good reason to keep you sweet with a large welcome bonus.
But what if you don’t want to make a deposit yet? That’s when you need US online casinos with no deposit bonuses. These are typically much smaller, often in the region of $5-50, but can provide a good way for you to get started if you are a beginner.
US online casinos with no deposit bonuses are also offering you the opportunity to get fully acquainted with them before committing any real money; which is no bad thing. If you’re willing to accept a smaller bonus in exchange for not depositing, then take a look at our list of the best no deposit bonus offers available in your region.
Can I Play Online Casinos In The USA Legally?
The short answer here is: yes! While it is true that some legislation in the US is designed to make it more difficult for operators to offer online casino games, there is absolutely nothing prohibiting individuals from playing.
You may have heard of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA), which seeks to discourage financial transactions to or from online gaming companies. But many US online casinos get around this by being based elsewhere or offering payment options not linked to US banks, and the Act doesn’t stop you from playing if you choose to.
Which means it is totally legal to sign up and play at any US online casinos you like. The best and most reputable real money online casinos in the US can be found in our list above.
States Regulating Online Casinos USA Real Money Play
At the time of writing, there are only three states in the US which have legalized and regulated online casino play; Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The state of Nevada allows online poker, but unfortunately not online casinos.
The table below seeks to explain the connections between the federal (i.e. nationwide) and state-specific legislation relevant to online casino play.
UIGEA becomes law, 2006
The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act discourages online gambling by prohibiting financial transactions involving online gambling service providers. It is still totally legal for individuals to play, however.
Delaware Online Casinos
Pennsylvania Online Casinos
New Jersey Online Casinos
History Of Online Gambling In The US
- 1961 – Federal Wire Act passed, prohibiting betting or wagering across state lines via wired communication.
- 2002 – United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit judges that the Federal Wire Act applies to online sports betting.
- 2006 – Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) passed, prohibiting financial transactions between US banks and online gaming companies. Although this does not criminalize the playing of online casino games, many operators withdrew from the US market as a result.
- 2007 – Rep. Barney Frank introduced the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act of 2007 (IGREA) in the House of Representatives. The object of IGREA was to reverse UIGEA on the basis of “inappropriate interference with the personal freedom of Americans”, and establish a federal regulatory and enforcement framework to license Internet gambling companies in order for them to serve Americans.
- 2007 – The World Trade Organization (WTO) rules the US to be in violation of treaty obligations by not granting full market access to online gambling companies based in Antigua.
- 2011 - U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals confirms that the Wire Act prohibition of bets made via interstate transmissions of wire communications applies only to sports betting. This opens the door for states to regulate themselves when it came to online casinos.
- 2011 – The state of New Jersey legalizes online gambling.
- 2012 – The state of Delaware legalizes online casino gaming on licensed sites for people playing within its borders.
- 2017 – Online casino gambling is legalized in the state of Pennsylvania.
Choosing Between Online Casinos US Players Can Access
You can rely on us here at CasinoGuide to point you in the right direction on your search for online casinos in the US. We’ve done the hard work in tracking down the most reputable casinos with the most generous signup offers.
Our recommended list of the best online casinos in the US is constantly refreshed with great new casinos, and all are thoroughly vetted and reviewed by our experts. The criteria by which we assess US online casinos includes, but is not limited to:
- Design – how easy the casino is on the eye, how intuitive the features and layout are, and whether it is mobile-compatible.
- Bonuses – what welcome bonus offers are available, and whether the casino offers reload bonuses or some kind of loyalty program.
- Games – games are the lifeblood of any online casino, so we assess their library in terms of size, quality, and variety.
- Payment Options – how you can make deposits and withdrawals from the online casino.
Payment Options At Online Casinos USA (Real Money)
As previously stated, the UIGEA imposes limitations on payments to and from online gaming companies. The United States Treasury and Federal Reserve Board identified the following five payment systems which cannot make gambling transactions:
- Card systems
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) systems
- Wire transfer systems
- Check collection systems
- Money transmitting businesses
If you are playing in one of the states where online casino gambling has been legalized, this is less of an issue as banks and card providers will have started offering their services again. If you are based in a state that hasn’t yet regulated, then your choices may be a little more limited – but you will still have choices!
Head over to our casino payment options page and click on your preferred payment option. You will be presented with a list of the best US online casinos offering that payment option to players in your area.
US Online Casinos On Mobile
It’s now expected that US online casinos be mobile compatible, or at the very least offer some sort of mobile application. The majority of online casino players now play on the go using their mobile phone, so any online casino failing to meet this demand is missing a trick!
All of the US online casinos listed above either offer a mobile version, or have a site which is fully mobile-responsive. This allows you to enjoy your casino games whenever and wherever you like, as long as you have an Internet connection.
Although you can find casinos which are mobile compatible on this page, you can also head over to our mobile casinos page for the sites offering the very best mobile experience.
Play At The Best US Online Casinos Today!
Fortunately, despite the somewhat tumultuous relationship online gambling has had with US lawmakers, you are completely free to enjoy online casinos in the USA.
Now you know that, the only thing to do is ensure you sign up to the right casino, and grab yourself a fantastic signup bonus along the way. Just head back to the top of this page, pick a casino, and get in on the action today!